Date: Sunday 2nd June & Monday 3rd June 2013 (postponed)
Venue: Hong Kong
With Mark Walsh of Integration Training, UK
Hosted by Emily Chan, Life Coach
What does the body have to do with who we are, the impact we make on others and what we are capable of in the world? An interactive workshop explores how posture and movement shape our personal leadership and teaches tools for life, so far little known in Asia.
What we think, how we feel and what we are capable of doing at work is determined by our bodies. How others perceive us, how we get along with them and what we are able to see in them is also bodily. In fact most aspects of work and human relationships are “embodied” as this is our primary “operating system”. Whatever we do is with a body, but most of us are educated from the neck up, but books and websites alone don’t give us the changes we might like.
Our posture, movement and breathing determine what we think, how we feel and what we achieve. Our physical ‘embodied’ presence also affects how we engage with and are perceived by others. In fact, most aspects of our work, communication and relationships are embodied. Embodied training is a leading-edge approach which helps people build impact, influence and trust, by working non athletically with posture and movement. More than body language, embodied training works with who someone is and what they are capable of. Key embodied skills include self-awareness, the ability to “centre” under pressure and reading and empathising with others. Emotional intelligence is a part of embodied training and this has been shown to have a huge impact on career success.
This is a practical experiential workshop for those who wish to develop these skills in a business or general work context.
The training will focus on both self-awareness, clear understanding and developing practical new skills:
• How the body influences our impact
• How to work with the body confidently and safely
• Practical embodied tools you can use the next day with clients
• An overview of the field and relevant theory and research
• About yourself – what is hidden that is limiting your work
• About others – how their bodies may be impacting their work
• Applications within leadership, stress/time/change management, team building, coaching and communication training
• Practices to develop leadership impact and influence – for yourself and your clients
• Techniques to manage pressure, complexity and change, and to develop greater emotional intelligence
• How to better ‘read’ others and employ your intuition
• Tips on how to make this work accessible and relevant within a no-nonsense business environment
Who this workshop is for:
• Business and life coaches
• Business trainers, facilitators and consultants
• HR professionals interested in exploring embodiment
• Organisational leaders and heads of department
• Teachers looking to explore a different domain of learning
• Yoga, dance and martial arts teachers looking to apply their skills to mainstream markets
• Therapists and alternative health practitioners
• Anyone looking to develop their individual leadership or grow as a person
Mark Walsh is one of Europe’s leading ‘embodied’ trainers. He has led Integration Training for the past five years who specialise in this work, and has taught in many countries. His qualifications include an honours degree in psychology, residential training with various bodymind masters such as Richard Strozzi-Heckler, Paul Linden and Wendy Palmer, training in linguistics, Non Violent Communication, body-psychotherapy, improvisation, meditation, dance and martial arts (he’s an aikido black belt). His clients include Unilever, Virgin Atlantic, Newfield coach training, Liberty Global, and the University of Sussex. He has also worked with peace projects in Palestine/Israel, the slums of Brazil, East Africa and with the Sierra Leonian Army. He is the most followed trainer on Twitter and Youtube and has the Google no 2 ranked management training blog. More importantly than all this stuff however is that he really loves embodiment and is an utter obsessive geek about it.
The cost of this 2 day course is HKD 3,300. Spaces are limited.
To secure your seat, please pay HKD 500 deposit, or pay in full before April 20th for an Early Bird discount, and pay only HKD 3,000.
Please go to our payment page: