With Mark and Jude
This three hour workshop explores Embodied Yoga Principles specifically for men. Led by EYP founder Mark Walsh with support from experienced yoga teacher Jude Murray https://myhealingspace.org.uk/healing-space-teachers. We’ll be looking at what it means to be a man who’s into alternative stuff, respects women, is a sensitive chap… and isn’t a total loser wimp 🙂
We’ll explore postures to develop:
- Taking up space, been seen and owning your authority…
- The confidence to bring your life’s work forward before you die (and not be skint doing that)
- Self-care (rather than expecting women to mother you)
- Loving connection with other men (no, not like that… though gay men welcome of course)
- Taking a shameless stand for what you believe in
- Being authentically sexy without any magazine-style bullshit
- All through yoga because the body is where shit gets real. Simple, practical and no athleticism required.
Please note: EYP can be quite emotionally intense so bear this in mind if you’ve had recent major life events, mental health issues or are just not in the best state right now.
Further info and videos about EYP
No posture: https://youtu.be/VYD6Bd8W2j8
Warrior and forward bend: https://youtu.be/EPyMwVa5-RY
An EYP flow: https://youtu.be/Ks3f99P-9Ak
EYP mini-class: https://youtu.be/mX8Pr2bfdMA
Nice things people have said about Embodied Yoga
“Embodied Yoga offers a much needed fresh authentic perspective on yoga. Its not offering an opportunity to float off into spiritual la-la and distance oneself from life’s suffering, on the contrary it encourages the participant to become fully aware and to take responsibility for what is going on in their body and mind, becoming aware of patterns and shadows in a safe supported environment.”
– Jane D, Sussex UK
“Embodied Yoga is a refreshing take on yoga as a method of self-enquiry and transformation. Highly effective for transforming your patterns of behaviour.”
– Sindre, Oslo, Norway
“Mark has pressed the refresh button on the yoga world to see the practice of yoga through the eyes of embodiment brings a welcome new view.The methods of embodiment link the practice on the yoga mat and brings it firmly out into the world of our relationships, work and all aspects of life… and extends our range of practices as yoga teachers …”
– Ady, hatha yoga teacher, Brighton, UK
“Mark is a jerk and can’t even get his foot behind his head and he barely has any Instagram followers”
– Mr Bicram, LA, USA (…OK, we made this one up, but the rest are real)
Date: 9th September 2017
Time: 2pm – 5pm.
1.45pm for a prompt 2pm start. No flaky lateness please.
Location: Brighton Ki Centre in central Brighton, 10 mins walk from train station, 1 hour from London Victoria/Bridge. No need to bring a mat.
Cost: £30 early-bird (before 25th July)/ bring a friend (you both pay £30), £40 full rate
BOOK here by PayPay