Embodied Training for Coaches, Trainers, Consultants and HR Professionals
Friday 22nd March 2013, 10am-5pm
With Mark Walsh of Integration Training
Hosted by Andrea Nolan of The Leadership Dimension
Our posture, movement and breathing determine what we think, how we feel and what we achieve. Our physical ‘embodied’ presence also affects how we engage with and are perceived by others. In fact, most aspects of our work, communication and relationships are embodied.
This is a practical experiential taster session for those who wish to develop these skills in a business or general work context.
What you’ll learn:
- How the body influences our impact
- How to work with the body confidently and safely
- Practical embodied tools you can use the next day with clients
- An overview of the field and relevant theory and research
- About yourself – what is hidden that is limiting your work
- About others – how their bodies may be impacting their work
- Applications within leadership, stress/time/change management, team building, coaching and communication training
- Practices to develop leadership impact and influence – for yourself and your clients
- Techniques to manage pressure, complexity and change, and to develop greater emotional intelligence
- How to better ‘read’ others and employ your intuition
- Tips on how to make this work accessible and relevant within a no-nonsense business environment
Who this workshop is for:
- Business and life coaches
- Business trainers, facilitators and consultants
- HR professionals interested in exploring embodiment
- Organisational leaders and heads of department
- Teachers looking to explore a different domain of learning
- Yoga, dance and martial arts teachers looking to apply their skills to mainstream markets
- Therapists and alternative health practitioners
- Anyone looking to develop their individual leadership or grow as a person
Mark Walsh is one of Europe’s leading ‘embodied’ trainers. He has led Integration Training for the past five years who specialise in this work, and has taught in many countries. His qualifications include an honours degree in psychology, residential training with various bodymind masters such as Richard Strozzi-Heckler, Paul Linden and Wendy Palmer, training in linguistics, Non Violent Communication, body-psychotherapy, improvisation, meditation, dance and martial arts (he’s an aikido black belt). His clients include Unilever, Virgin Atlantic, Newfield coach training, Liberty Global, and the University of Sussex. He has also worked with peace projects in Palestine/Israel, the slums of Brazil, East Africa and with the Sierra Leonian Army. He is the most followed trainer on Twitter and Youtube and has the Google no 2 ranked management training blog. More importantly than all this stuff however is that he really loves embodiment and is an utter obsessive geek about it.
Andrea Nolan is a leadership coach and trainer working in the areas of organisational and personal leadership. She is a Chartered FCIPD and a Certified Trainer of NLP with over 20 years experience in management, leadership, HR and change. Andrea runs The Leadership Dimension whose aim is to help develop leaders of substance. Her clients include The General Medical Council, ACAS, The Heritage Lottery Fund, Keep Britain Tidy, Chorley Council and The Here to Help Trust. She also runs One Life 2 Live which offers programmes directly to the public.
The cost of this course is £150. Spaces are limited. Make a deposit here to secure your place
Venue: Manchester Conference Centre, Weston Building, Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3BB