Integration Leadership Training UK and The Master Within, in collaboration with ODNOO
Facilitated by Mark Walsh, founder and lead trainer at Integration Leadership Training, Brighton, UK
What we think, how we feel and what we are capable of doing at work is determined by our posture, movement and breathing. How others perceive us, how we get along with them and what we are able to see in them is also bodily. In fact most aspects of work, communication and human relationships are embodied, yet this area is usually ignored by those working in business.
This is a practical, experiential and non-athletic course for those who wish to develop their own leadership and skills working with the body in a business or general work context with others.
- To be able to work with the body confidently and safely
- To learn applications to leadership, stress/time/change management, team building, coaching and communication training
- Improved self-knowledge – reveal what is hidden that is limiting your work
- Practical embodied tools you can use the next day with clients
- An overview of the field and relevant theory and research
- Practices to develop your own and clients’ impact and influence as leaders
- Techniques to manage pressure, complexity and change, and to develop emotional intelligence
- An improved ability to “read” others and work with intuition
- Tips on the language, science and approach to use with no-nonsense business to make the work accessible
- Business and life coaches
- Business trainers, facilitators and consultants
- Yoga, dance and martial arts teachers looking to apply their skills to mainstream markets
- Alternative health practitioners
- Anyone looking to develop their individual leadership or grow as a person
When: 29th March 2013 – 9:00 am- 5:30 pm (postponed, new date tba)
Where: Elizabeth Bruyere Center, 43 Bruyere St,
Jardin Gilberte Paquette, 6th Floor, Ottawa (near the National Gallery of Canada)
Mark Walsh is one of Europe’s leading “embodied” trainers. He has lead Integration Training for the past five years who specialise in this work, and taught in many countries.
His qualifications include an honours degree in psychology, residential training with various bodymind masters such as Richard Strozzi-Heckler, Paul Linden and Wendy Palmer, training in linguistics, NonViolent Communication, body-psychotherapy, improv, meditation, dance and martial arts (he’s an aikido black belt). His clients include Unilever, Virgin Atlantic, Newfield coach training, Liberty Global, and the University of Sussex. He has also worked with peace projects in Palestine/Israel, the slums of Brazil, East Africa and with The Sierra Leonian Army. He is the most followed trainer on Twitter and Youtube and has the Google no.2 ranked management training blog. More importantly than all this stuff however is that he really loves embodiment and is an utter obsessive geek about it. His ambition is to make it OK to be a human being at work again.
Fee: $ 275.- per participant for non-members of ODNOO; $ 247.50 for ODNOO members
Please pay here: http://www.integrationtraining.co.uk/training_payments/
Host: Tana Saler – The Master Within, in collaboration with ODNOO;