with Mark Walsh
Our posture, movement and breathing determine what we think, how we feel and what we achieve. Our physical ‘embodied’ presence also affects how we engage with and are perceived by others. In fact, most aspects of our work, communication and relationships are embodied.
This is a practical, experiential workshop for those who wish to develop these skills in a business or general work context. For those interested in the train-the-trainer embodiment year-course we run this would also act as a great taster.
What you’ll learn on the day:
- How to work with the body confidently and safely
- Practical embodied tools you can use the next day with clients
- An overview of the field and relevant theory and research
- About yourself – what is hidden that is limiting your work
- Applications within leadership, stress/time/change management, team building, coaching and communication training
- Practices to develop leadership impact and influence – for yourself and your clients
- Techniques to manage pressure, complexity and change, and to develop greater emotional intelligence
- How to better “read” others and employ your intuition
- Tips on how to make this work accessible and relevant within a no-nonsense business environment
Who this workshop is for:
- Business and life coaches
- Business trainers, facilitators and consultants
- Yoga, dance and martial arts teachers looking to apply their skills to mainstream markets
- Alternative health practitioners
- Anyone looking to develop their individual leadership or grow as a person
Venue: Brighton Ki Centre, Ground Floor Studio, 12 Queen Square, Brighton, BN1 3FD
Time: 9.45am for 10am start. Finish 5pm.
To find out more email us here.
Mark Walsh is one of Europe’s leading “embodied” trainers. He has lead Integration Training for the past five years who specialise in this work, and taught in many countries. His qualifications include an honours degree in psychology, residential training with various bodymind masters such as Richard Strozzi-Heckler, Paul Linden and Wendy Palmer, training in linguistics, NonViolent Communication, body-psychotherapy, improv, meditation, dance and martial arts (he’s an aikido black belt). His clients include Unilever, Virgin Atlantic, Newfield coach training, Liberty Global, and the University of Sussex. He has also worked with peace projects in Afghanistan, Palestine, the slums of Brazil, East Africa and with The Sierra Leonian Army. He is the most followed trainer on Twitter and Youtube and has the Google no.2 ranked management training blog. More importantly than all this stuff however is that he really loves embodiment and is an utter obsessive geek about it.