Here are 15 questions I use for team building to deepen connections between people in a short space of time and promote meaningful discussion. They get more intense as you go down the list for most people. They are also really good for getting to know someone on a date or at a party – though they may think you’re strange if you ask all 15 questions in one go.
In my experience even teams that have known each other for a long time find asking each other these questions revealing and useful for team bonding. Give them a try!
15 Team Building Questions
- Name seven things you have in common – as deep or superficial as you like
- What is your favourite place?
- What 4 people from history would you invite to the pub/ to dinner?
- Name two ways you consider yourself lucky
- Your house catches fire – what do you save first?
- When were you last embarrassed?
- Who are your heroes?
- What is important to you in your work?
- What is the most important thing for someone new to know about you?
- What was one of the happiest day of your life/ at work?
- What are your virtues?
- Name something you’ve always wanted to do & say why you haven’t done it
- How are you unique?
- Why do you bother?
- What do you love?